Our History

The Athelstan Club was founded in 1873 and traces its roots to a Masonic lodge established three years earlier. The first club house was located on the upper floors of 12 South Royal Street, but was short lived. By 1875 the city directory lists the club at the north east corner of Dauphin and St. Joseph streets. Period maps and the directory show the corner being occupied by the new Athelstan Masonic Temple.